Must vicious dogs be registered with the City?

Yes; the City Ordinance states that vicious dogs must be registered with the City at the Treasury Window at City Hall. To do so requires proof of at least $100,000 in liability insurance, a photograph of the dog, and a $20 registration fee. For more information on vicious dogs (breeds, etc.) call Treasury at 216-291-5770.

Show All Answers

1. Must vicious dogs be registered with the City?
2. There is a dog running loose around the neighborhood. What can be done?
3. My neighbor's dog constantly barks and howls. What can I do?
4. A neighbor's dog has been tied up in the yard for a long time with no water bowl in sight. What do I do?
5. My neighbor has a large number of dogs and/or cats. To whom can I report this?
6. Where may I obtain a dog license?
7. I've been bitten by a neighbor's dog. Where do I report this?
8. My pet died. Will the City take it away for me?