Partners & Business Resources
The City of Cleveland Heights plays an active role in providing the right resources to help your business grow, expand or get started. Our toolkit of resources includes community members that have expert knowledge in relocation assistance, job training techniques and access to attorneys, accountants, finance and banking professionals that will work with you to building success.
Specific partners and resource organizations include:
- Cleveland Heights is a founding member of the First Suburbs Consortium. Currently 19 member communities strong, the FSC focus is to revitalize mature, developed communities and raise public and political awareness of the problems and inequities associated with urban sprawl and urban disinvestment.
- The First Suburbs Development Council serves 16 communities in Northeast Ohio as a not-for-profit organization that strives to achieve economic stability and viability.
- The Heights Hillcrest Regional Chamber of Commerce empowers business people and strengthens commerce in their member cities: Cleveland Heights, Lyndhurst, Richmond Heights, Shaker Heights, South Euclid and University Heights. The HRCC works to provide opportunities and offer support to the local business community.
- The Ohio Small Business Development Center provides management and technical assistance to small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs. Contact Katie VanDyke at the Small Business Development Center at the CHUH Library at 216-321-1633 or by email.
- The Cuyahoga County Department of Development provides programs to help local citizens and businesses. The department's staff work with elected officials, business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits, etc. to ensure a vibrant economic future in our region.
- The Greater Cleveland Partnership is one of the largest metropolitan chambers of commerce in the nation. Their organizational core includes the Council of Smaller enterprises (COSE), a one -stop resource for the small-business member companies.
- The Ohio Venture Association is a group of northeast Ohio business people dedicated to providing an atmosphere for the interchange of ideas on entrepreneurship, new venture and venture capital.
- Team NEO markets the Cleveland Plus region to increase awareness of Northeast Ohio's business assets.
- ECDI (Economic and Community Development Institute), a statewide SBA lender, works with clients to invest, education and innovate. They do this by supporting loans for new and established businesses ranging from $500 to $350,000 and offering services and training that can help develop a new business into a loan-ready client, including access to the Women’s Business Centers of Ohio and Small Enterprise Development Training series. ECDI provides the tools, technical assistance and support for businesses to succeed.