The Economic Development Department’s mission is to provide outreach to existing businesses and strive to expand new development opportunities for growing companies and aggressively attract new opportunities through entrepreneurial, domestic and international networks.
The Department’s objectives include:
- Focus on core businesses in Cleveland Heights and assist with their growth plans.
- Identify technology clusters for new business development.
- Aggressively work to attract high-skilled knowledge workers that will live and work in the community.
- Accelerate the services of Small Business Development Center and other resource initiatives that provide a platform of business programs, services, support and funding options.
To meet these and other long-term objectives, Economic Development staff have created a strategic outline that lays out a clear assessment and implementation plan. The goal is to make Cleveland Heights a business-friendly location of choice that is proactively pursuing opportunities to grow the City’s commercial and residential tax base.
- City of Cleveland Heights Economic Development Strategic Outline (PDF)
- Economic Development update to Planning Commission from January 11, 2017 (PDF).
Land, Building, & Lease Opportunities
For land, building and lease opportunities in the City of Cleveland Heights please visit the Available Properties Page or contact Tim Boland, Economic Development Director at 216-291-4857 or Brian Anderson, Business Development Manager at 216-291-2617.