Cleveland Heights at a Glance
For more details, view our Cleveland Heights At A Glance (PDF).
8.14 square miles
- 20 minutes to downtown Cleveland
- 20 minutes to five major interstates
- 40 minutes to Cleveland Hopkins Airport
- Within minutes of University Circle
- Cleveland Heights City Hall is at:
40 Severance Circle
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
- City Hall is open weekdays, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The effective rate of real estate (after rollback and credits) is $88.12 per $1,000 of assessed valuation (35% of market value). Call the Office of the Cuyahoga County Fiscal Officer at 216-443-7010.
- City Income Tax is 2.25%. Residents receive a credit equal to 1/2 of 1% income taxed by the city in which they work.
- Annual filing of a city income tax return is mandatory. City income tax is collected by the Regional Income Tax Agency (R.I.T.A.).
- Over 13,000 single-family houses
- 5,470 rental units in 367 apartment buildings
- Exciting, new townhouse and condominium developments
- The Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District is committed to preparing all students for college and life by providing a challenging curriculum that connects students’ lives and their future in a safe, supportive, and nurturing environment, ensuring value for residents and homeowners, and being an important part of what makes this community such a great place to call home.
- The Cleveland Heights-University Heights School District operates six elementary schools (with all-day kindergartens), two middle schools, and one high school. (Currently housed at Wiley Middle School during construction of the High School)
- There are also a number of parochial, private and Montessori schools in the city and the area. Nationally recognized private independent schools are within a few minutes drive of Cleveland Heights.
Parks & Recreation
- Over 135 acres of beautiful parkland
- State-of-the-art Community Center, featuring: year-round, Olympic-sized ice rink; gymnasium with two full-sized basketball courts; Fitness Center with extensive Nautilus equipment; four-lane indoor track; Senior Activity Center; child care facilities and meeting rooms
- Outdoor swimming pool at Cumberland Park
- 18 lit outdoor tennis courts
- 2.3 mile bicycle and jogging path
- Sports leagues for all ages
- Cain Park Summer Arts Complex with theater, music, dance, etc.
- Skate park for skateboarders and rollerbladers
- Veterans Memorial
- Cleveland Heights Historical Center at Superior Schoolhouse
Cleveland Heights: So Much To Offer!
- Eleven unique commercial shopping districts
- Some of the best restaurants in the Cleveland area
- Many places of worship
- Professional theater - Dobama, Ensemble, Cain Park
- Forty-six designated Historical landmarks
- Largest suburban public library system in Cuyahoga County
- More than 800 businesses, from national and regional chains to independent businesses