Office on Aging
The Office on Aging serves thousands of residents age 60 and over, every year through information referral and supportive services. Programs such as Meals on Wheels of Cleveland Heights, Inc. prove invaluable to the senior community. Senior residents are also assisted by Office on Aging social workers, and the new Senior Activity Center at the Cleveland Heights Community Center, located at One Monticello Boulevard, has programming and events for a wide range of interests.
Services & Programs
Services and programs offered include:
- Benefits eligibility screening (Log on to the Benefits Checkup website or call 216-691-7377)
- Blood pressure checks
- CARE Program or call 216-848-0594.
- Flu shots
- Help with federal and state income tax forms
- Applications: for local state and federal programs:
- Golden Buckeye Card if you lost it or if you did not receive it in the mail after your 60th birthday
- Handicap parking card
- Health Care Power of Attorney
- HEAP - available during application period
- Homestead Exemption - available during application period
- Living will Declaration
- Ohio Energy Credit Program
- Legal consultations (by appointment)
- Medicare counselor (by appointment)
- News for Senior Adults - latest archived issue (PDF).
- Senior Activity Center featuring transportation to programs, classes, AARP Cleveland Heights Chapter meetings, weekly movies, day trips, Senior Computer Center and more. For a complete listing of Senior activities, call 216-691-7377 or see the latest Parks and Recreation Brochure (PDF).
- Social Workers
- Violation Repair Program - call 216-291-4869
- Volunteer for the Meals on Wheels Program
- Van service - call 216-691-7377 (donations suggested)