New Resident Info
New To The Community?
Welcome to Cleveland Heights! Whether you have purchased a home or are a new renter, we're proud that you have chosen to live in our community. Here's some information we hope will be helpful. You can also download Cleveland Heights City Guide (PDF) or visit the Interactive New Resident Map.
Here are a few links you may need:
- Natural Gas Service: Dominion East Ohio
- Electric Company: FirstEnergy/The Illuminating Company
- Phone Company: AT&T
- Cable Television Provider: Spectrum, AT&T
- Internet: Spectrum Cable, AT&T
- Satellite TV Provider: Direct TV or call 1-866-810-7892
- Water: Cleveland Water or call 216-664-3130
Parking on Streets
Parking is not allowed on Cleveland Heights streets between 3 a.m. and 6 a.m. If you have an overnight visitor, or have just paved or sealed your driveway and must park in the street, call the Police Department non-emergency number at 216-321-1234 and ask for the officer in charge.
- Refuse and recycling is picked up weekly from your tree lawn. (If you live in an apartment, check with your landlord for trash disposal procedures)
- To find out your collection day view the Refuse Collection Calendar or call 216-691-7300.
- Trash cans are not allowed on tree lawns. Place the trash in a plastic bag (weighing no more than 40 pounds when full) and place on the tree lawn before 7 a.m. on the day of collection, but not before 7 p.m. the evening before collection.
- The City recycles newspapers, mixed paper, catalogues, magazines, corrugated cardboard, and metal, glass and plastic containers. See Recycling for more information.
- Lawn waste bags are available for purchase at area stores.
New Resident packets are available for pickup at City Hall in the Community Services office. Packets contain information about City policies, businesses, civic organizations, restaurants, schools, religious institutions, recreation activities, etc. For more information about receiving a packet please call 216-291-2323, Email Community Relations or you can view the Cleveland Heights At A Glance (PDF) for more information about the city.
Stay in Touch
Found on the Publications page in PDF format, the FOCUS Magazine is published 3 times per year and sent to every Cleveland Heights household, business and institution. In addition, Parks and Recreation programming booklets are included in the Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter Focus magazine.
What Else Should You Know?
Familiarize yourself with other ordinances listed on this site, such as bicycles, skateboards, garage sales, signs and jogging/walking in the street.
Take A Class, Have Some Fun
Cleveland Heights has over 135 acres of parkland, with swimming pools, tennis courts, playgrounds and more, plus Recreation offerings for all ages. Check out the current Parks and Recreation Brochure. Visit our Community Center, which boasts two ice rinks, a fitness center, gymnasiums, a four-lane track and more.
Cleveland Heights is Home to the Arts! The arts are well represented in Cleveland Heights. Many artists and musicians call our city home. In addition to the municipally-owned-and-operated summer performing and visual arts park, Cain Park, a number of arts organizations are located here.
Help is at Hand
As a homeowner, we know you'll want to keep your home in good repair. There are community resources to help you do that, including the City's Housing Preservation programs and the Home Repair Resource Center.
Visit the Building Division page for information on which home repair projects require building permits. Information sheets on various projects (in pdf form) are also available as is a list of contractors.
- Police 216-321-1234
- Fire 216-291-2673
City Income Tax
The Regional Income Tax Agency (R.I.T.A.) is now collecting municipal income tax for the City of Cleveland Heights. Please visit their website at www.ritaohio.com.
Residents are welcome to attend Council meetings, held the first and third Mondays of each month at Cleveland Heights City Hall, 40 Severance Circle. If a holiday falls on a Monday, the Council meetings are scheduled for the Tuesday immediately following the holiday. See Calendar of Events. Minutes of the Council meetings are posted on this web site after they have been approved and signed. Council meetings are taped and broadcast gavel-to-gavel on the City's government television channel 1020 and the City of Cleveland Heights YouTube Page.
Boards and Commissions
Resident involvement is encouraged. As positions become available, Council actively seeks residents for membership on various boards, commissions and committees.
Have a Question?
Be sure to check out Frequently Asked Questions or contact Community Relations at 216-291-2323.