Safeguard Your Personal Information
Safely recycle items that may contain personal information such as:
- Cell Phones
- Digital Cameras
- Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs)
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Audio and Video Tapes
- Digital Video Discs (DVD's)
- Old Compact Discs (CD's)
- Printer Toner and Inkjet Cartridges
Note: Technotrash is no longer accepted at these locations:
- City Hall
- The Community Center
- The Public Works Building
Computers and accessories
Acceptable items include:
- Central Processing Units (CPU's)
- Cell phones are accepted for recycling.
- Televisions are not accepted for recycling. Televisions can be disposed of on your scheduled weekly trash day from your tree lawn. Put them out separate from the rest of the trash, don’t pile anything on top of them and place them in an area of your tree lawn with the most overhead clearance so we can reach the heavy ones with a mechanical arm with a claw.
Hard Drive Disposal
If you have a computer and want the hard drive removed and destroyed. Bring the computer to the Dispatch Office at the Service Garage. The office is located at 14200 Superior Rd on the east side of the building beyond the fuel pumps . Ask for Howie. The office hours are Monday through to Friday 7 am to 3:30 pm.
Where & Where to Drop Off Your Electronics Items
Residents wishing to recycle their unwanted items may bring them to the top of the ramp at the Transfer Station. The driveway is on Mayfield Road next to Honda Motor Cars. This prevents looters from smashing the units, removing metal parts and leaving the rest, which then must be sent to the landfill.
You may drop off Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
For more information about recycling electronics, please call the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District at 216-443-3749.